Since the early 1800’s, Allstream has supported customers through changes in communications and technology. Allstream takes a broad approach to service continuity, including potential effects of an outbreak such as COVID-19. Our customers can rest assured we are prepared and have contingency plans in place to deal with potential issues that may arise from coronavirus (COVID-19).
While there is currently no foreseen impact to Allstream’s operation of our services, the following are some of the precautions Allstream is taking:
- We are utilizing Allstream’s communication and collaboration tools to allow for remote work and maintaining a healthy work environment.
- Allstream employees have been set up for remote capability in the event we are forced to close an office because of the virus.
- We have suspended all non-essential business travel.
- We have ceased attendance at local conferences that attract international attendees.
- Employees who are, or have family members, exhibiting any flu-like symptoms or are in a geography where COVID-19 has been declared by local authorities as being heavily impacted are asked to stay home and work remotely.
- Allstream has a comprehensive business continuity program, which has been reviewed with all employees and tested our disaster recovery plans as part of an emergency drill to ensure we are ready to quickly respond.
- This includes Continuity plans for each of our business units, Disaster Recovery plans for our technical environments, systems and network devices, and Emergency Response procedures.
- Employees are asked to follow the CDC’s top recommendations for stopping the spread of germs, including COVID-19.
During this time, we can continue to meet with you and support your business by setting up a remote Webex conferencing meeting.
If your team needs assistance achieving business continuity with your communications services, please contact us:
In the US at USCustomerService@allstream.com / 1-866-468-3472
In Canada at CanCustomerService@allstream.com / 1-888-288-2273
The Allstream team is here to help you.