Allstream’s Cookies help us:
- Make our website work as our Customers expect
- Save the Customer from having to log in every time they visit the site
- Remember Customer settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Personalize our site to help Customers obtain what they need faster
- Continuously improve our website/portals for our Customers
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
This Policy applies to all company personnel, locations and other assets globally, including but not limited to:
- All Company business units, departments and functions;
- All Company subsidiaries;
- All Company contractors, consultants and other third-party service providers;
- All Company leased or owned facilities where Company business is operating; and
- All Company technology and network infrastructure, including its information systems, applications, system platforms, and computer operations employed in the normal operation of Company.
Web browsers allow Customers to exercise some control of Cookies through the browser settings. Most browsers enable Customers to block Cookies or to block Cookies from particular sites. Browsers can help Customers delete Cookies when they close the browser. Note that this may mean that any opt-outs of preferences Customers set on the site may be lost, and that our site may not operate as Customers might expect.
Cookies on Allstream Websites and Portals
We use the categories of Cookies described below on our site.
Note: The listing of Cookies under the various categories may change over time. Allstream reviews this listing periodically and publishes updates as necessary. This disclosure consists of, but is not limited to, the following:
The Cookies named below are essential to enable visitors to move around the website/portals and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website or portals.
The Cookies named below collect information about how visitors use a website or portal, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get an error message from the site. The Cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these Cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website or portal works.
The Cookies named below allow the website/portal to remember choices made by visitors (such as user name, language, or region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to provide services requested by visitors such as watching a video or engaging in live chat sessions. The information these Cookies collect may be made anonymous and they cannot track browsing activity on other websites.
These Cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to each visitor and their interests. They are also used to limit the number of times a visitor views an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with Allstream’s permission. They remember that a visitor has visited a website, and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising Cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
Cookies are set by:
Exceptions and Limitations
Any requests for exceptions or limited compliance to this Policy must be submitted in writing to privacy.office@Allstream.com. All exceptions and limitations are subject to review and approval by Allstream in its sole discretion.
Information Security will enforce this Policy. Non-compliance with this Policy may be considered a breach of the Code of Conduct and subject to action by Human Resources.
Any violations of the Policy may be escalated to and reviewed by Information Security, Legal or other stakeholders for recommended enforcement action.