Update on December 6, 2019.
We had a successful voicemail migration earlier this week. If you are experiencing any issues, we are here to assist you at 1-866-468-3472 or UScustomerservice@allstream.com.
Some helpful tips:
- If you previously forwarded voicemail or fax messages to email, we suggest that you log in to the new online portal at myvoice.allstream.com and confirm that “Message Settings” reflect the appropriate forward-to email.
- An easy way to access your voicemail from outside your office is to dial your line number and allow it to forward into the voicemail system. You then press * and will be prompted for your PIN. For more instructions, view the updated Voicemail Quick Start Guide.
After business hours on December 4, 2019, Allstream migrated your voicemail services to a new platform, to provide you with an improved and reliable voicemail experience. During the migration, we moved your greetings, messages, faxes, passwords and online portal logins from the old voicemail platform to the new one.
Starting on December 5, 2019, there are several important changes that impacted your service:
- Voicemail command changes: The commands that you use on your phone to hear, delete and save voicemail messages within the voicemail system will change. For example, you can still access voicemail by dialing *98 but will now dial 1 to play messages instead of 5. Download the voicemail quick start guide for all the new menu instructions.
- New URL for online portal: You’ll want to bookmark the new URL, myvoice.allstream.com, to access your online voicemail portal. In the meantime, the old URL for the portal will automatically redirect to the new portal login starting on December 5th.
- Brand new portal: While the new portal will have similar functionality to the old one, the portal will look different. Download the new portal instructions here.
- No pager notification: The new platform will not support pager notifications. Note that you can instead use email notifications as an alternative to pager notifications.
- Voicemail portal for all customers: If you didn’t previously have access to the voicemail portal, you can now use the new online portal. The first time you log in to the portal, use your phone number that is associated with the voicemail as the login and your existing PIN as your password.
- PINs and Passwords: The new platform has a PIN for access to voicemail through a telephone and a separate secure password for access to the online portal. Your existing PIN will work for both phone access and online portal access when you initially log in to the new system.
Voicemail Main Menu Commands
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will the migration improve my service?
A: This migration will enable Allstream to provide you with a consistent and reliable service and enhanced security functionality. We’re excited to move our customers on to a newer technology which will enable us to offer enhancements to the service in the future.
Q: Will I need to record a new message? Reset my password?
A: During the migration, we’ll move your greetings, messages, faxes, passwords and online portal logins from the old voicemail platform to the new one.
Q: Will I experience a disruption in service during the migration?
A: No, we are expecting that you will be able to continue to receive and listen to voicemail messages during the migration.
Q: What type of security features are available on the new platform?
A: Customers will experience added security features such as self-service password recovery through email, more secure passwords, notifications for password changes and more.
Q: Is fax to email supported on the new platform?
A: Yes, this functionality is available on the new platform.
Q: How do I access my voicemail if I’m away from my desk or I am unable to dial *98 from my phone?
A: The voicemail remote access numbers didn’t change and can be found here. They will point to the new platform on December 5th.
Q: Can I access the new portal now?
A: Yes, visit myvoice.allstream.com to log into the new portal. Please be advised that your voicemail messages will continue to be in the old platform at webvm.integra.net until the migration on December 4, 2019.
Q: I didn’t previously have access to the voicemail portal. What is my login name and password?
A: If you didn’t previously have access to the voicemail portal, you can now use the new online portal. The first time you log in to the portal, use your phone number that is associated with the voicemail as the login and your existing PIN as your password.
Q: Will my voicemails and/or faxes continue forwarding into my email?
A: Yes, existing forwarding configurations will be moved over to the new platform. If necessary, you can configure forwarding options in the new online portal.
Q: Will my auto-attendant menu configurations be moved over to the new platform?
A: Yes, existing menu configurations will be moved over to the new platform. We recommend that you log into the new platform prior to December 4 at myvoice.allstream.com to confirm that everything is set up correctly. Please contact our care department with questions.
Q: Can I still access the old portal/platform after the migration?
A: After the migration, you can access the old online portal for about 30 days to retrieve anything you would like to save that may have not been migrated during the conversion window. The old platform can be accessed online through the old portal at classicwebvm.integra.net.
Please contact Allstream’s care department at 1-866-468-3472 or UScustomerservice@allstream.com for assistance.